The esteemed Broadway musical Wicked is currently seeking singers for several principal and ensemble roles for future cast replacements in both their Broadway and national tour productions.
Monday, January 14, 2019
10:30 am (PST)
Sign-ups begin10:00 AM.0AM. Please do not arrive prior to 10:00 AM.
Third Street Dance
8558 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90048
- Prepare 16 bars of a contemporary musical theater song showing range. Sopranos may sing 16 bars of a legit musical theater song.
- Bring sheet music for your song; a piano accompanist will be provided.
- Bring a photo and resume stapled together.
- Elphaba – Female, to play 20s, any ethnicity. The “wicked” witch. Born with emerald-green skin, she has had a rough childhood and is an outcast from the beginning. Smart, fiery, sensitive, passionate, misunderstood, sincere, has potent inner beauty, rallies for the underdog, has great talent for sorcery. Needs a sharp actor with a thrilling, powerhouse, contemporary high-belt singing voice. (PRINCIPAL)
- Glinda – Female, to play 20s, any ethnicity. The “good” witch. Gorgeous, charming, entrancing, ambitious, perky, vain, very popular, a social climber, but also vulnerable and sympathetic. Her friendship with Elphaba reveals more depth in her character. Needs excellent comic chops and a glorious singing voice with high soprano and belt capability. (PRINCIPAL)
- Fiyero – Male, to play 20s, height of 5’11” or taller, any ethnicity. A handsome, sexy prince with a philosophy of “Dancing Through Life.” A wealthy, dangerous party boy who at first is attracted to Glinda. Initially he is shallow and self-absorbed; however, his growing relationship with Elphaba prompts him to reexamine his way of thinking. Needs a great physique and a strong tenor pop/rock singing voice. (PRINCIPAL)
- Nessarose – Female, to play 20s, any ethnicity. Elphaba’s “tragically beautiful,” lonely, compassionate younger sister, she was favored by their father. Has spent her life crippled in a wheelchair. Becomes obsessively attached to Boq and becomes the Wicked Witch of the East. Needs a commanding actress with a stunning face and a strong belt singing voice. (PRINCIPAL)
- Boq – Male, to play 20s, any ethnicity, height of 5’7” or shorter. A helpless, quirky munchkin. Enamored with Glinda, who pays him no mind. Reluctantly, he becomes involved with Nessarose. Needs a comical actor with a strong tenor singing voice. (PRINCIPAL)
- Ozian Official – Male, to play 40s – 50s, any ethnicity. Strong baritenor or tenor singer and actor. Should have height, a commanding presence, an edgy character flair, and comic chops. Appears in the onstage ensemble—with specialties as Ozian Official and Witch’s Father—and understudies the principal roles of The Wizard of Oz (An old carnival huckster who blew into Oz in a hot air balloon and became a false-faced leader) and Doctor Dillamond (A distinguished and well-liked professor at Shiz University. He is a goat and the sole animal on the faculty. He becomes a victim to the animal discrimination occurring in Oz). (ENSEMBLE)
- Midwife – Female, to play 40s – 50s, any ethnicity. Fantastic high soprano singing voice. Should have stature, a commanding presence, and a character flair. Has a solo as Midwife in the opening number. Appears in the onstage ensemble and understudies the principal role of Madame Morrible (A sorceress and Headmistress of Shiz University. Creature-like, dignified, powerful, haughty, has a dark side. Takes Elphaba under her wing, training her in sorcery). (ENSEMBLE)
- Shen Shen – Female, to play 20s, any ethnicity. Seeking a full-figured singer with a fantastic high-belt singing voice, character flair, comic chops, and movement ability. To appear in the onstage ensemble as one of Glinda’s friends and age up to understudy the principal role of Madam Morrible (See above). (ENSEMBLE)
- Male Singer Swing – Male, to play 30s, any ethnicity. Needs a strong high tenor singing voice, character flair, comic chops, and movement ability. To understudy the principal roles of The Wizard of Oz and Doctor Dillamond, the featured ensemble track of Ozian Official (See above), and various other ensemble tracks. (ENSEMBLE)