Musical Theatre West is holding auditions for strong dancers and triple threat performers with a background in athletic musical theatre jazz to take on the roles of pilot, sailors, sea creatures, gulls, maids, chefs, princesses, and more in their production of The Little Mermaid.
Saturday, March 9, 2019
10:00 am (PST) (Female Dancers)
12:30 pm (PST) (Male Dancers)
3:00 pm (PST) (Singers)
Sunday, March 10, 2019
1:00 pm (PST)(Female dancers)
3:30 pm (PST) (male dancers)
Musical Theatre West Rehearsal Hall
4350 East 7th Street
Long Beach, CA 90804
- Must sing. (Some tracks will be required to tap.)
- Prepare a song in the style of the show, or simply sing from the score (callback material will be available at musical.org under the “Audition Sides” tab.)
- Bring other audition material in case you are asked to sing another short selection.
- Male dancers bring jazz shoes, sneakers, and tap shoes.
- Female dancers bring character heels and tap shoes.
- Performers auditioning for the Mersisters (Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Atina, Adella, and Allana) must attend this call and sing/dance well and should prepare “She’s in Love”.
- Ariel – A mermaid and King Triton’s youngest daughter. She is obsessed with everything about the human world, and dreams of becoming a part of life above the water. Hardheaded, naive, and emotional, but also kind-hearted. Gender: Female Age: 18 to 25 Vocal range top: Gb5 Vocal range bottom: Ab3
- Prince Eric – A human monarch who has no interest of taking the crown. A handsome, affable lad with a buoyant, adventurous nature. After Ariel saves his life, he becomes obsessed with finding her and hearing her voice once more. Gender: Male Age: 20 to 30 Vocal range top: G4 Vocal range bottom: B2
- Flounder – A fish and smitten with Ariel, her best friend. Rambunctious but cautious, fearful of the dangers that lurk in and above the water. Gender: Male Age: 18 to 25 Vocal range top: G4 Vocal range bottom: A2
- Scuttle – A disheveled seagull and expert in human artifacts. Loudmouthed, optimistic, and a bit ignorant, despite his supposed expertise. Gender: Male Age: 25 to 40 Vocal range top: G4 Vocal range bottom: C3
- King Triton – King of the Sea and Ariel’s father. Beneath his imposing presence and commanding nature lurks a harried single father who will do anything to protect his daughters. The death of his wife has also given him an irrational fear of humans. Gender: Male Age: 35 to 45 Vocal range top: F4 Vocal range bottom: Ab2
- Sebastian – A crab and advisor to King Triton. A musical virtuoso who is constantly distraught from keeping after Ariel. Despite his paranoia, he can’t bring himself to stand in Ariel’s way. Gender: Male Age: 30 to 45 Vocal range top: C5 Vocal range bottom: Bb2
- Flotsam – An eel and one of Ursula’s lackeys. Oily and spineless, he will say anything you want or need to hear. Gender: Male Age: 20 to 40 Vocal range top: C5 Vocal range bottom: E3
- Jetsam – An eel and one of Ursula’s lackeys. Oily and spineless, he will say anything you want or need to hear. Gender: Male Age: 20 to 40 Vocal range top: A4 Vocal range bottom: B2
- Ursula – The banished Sea Witch and sister of King Triton. Supposedly spurned at childhood, she will use whatever method necessary to steal the kingdom and claim it as her own. Malevolent, calculating, and deceptive.Gender: FemaleAge: 35 to 45 Vocal range top: C5Vocal range bottom: Eb3
- Chef Louis – The French palace chef, diabolical and violent. A culinary perfectionist with an affinity for blades, seafood in particular. Gender: Male Age: 30 to 50 Vocal range top: A4 Vocal range bottom: Bb2
- Ensemble – Crew Members (Pilot, Sailors); Sea Creatures; Mersisters (Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Atina, Adella, Allana); Gulls; Maids; Chefs; Animals; Princesses
For more information about Musical Theatre West and this audition, visit musical.org/the-little-mermaid-auditions.