The currently running Broadway production of Chicago is seeking potential replacements for major cast roles including the infamous Velma and Roxie. Grab your headshots and all that jazz and get ready to sing!
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
10:00 am – 6:00 pm (EST)
Pearl Studios NYC (500)
500 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018-6504
4th fl. 401, 404 (holding).
Check lobby upon arrival for any changes.
- Prepare a brief, standard, classic Broadway song to sing (no pop or rock).
- Bring sheet music; an accompanist will be provided. (Note: there will be no dancing at this call; any women coming in to be seen as Roxie or Velma will be brought back to dance if there is any further interest.)
- Bring a picture and resume, stapled together.
- Roxie Hart: 33 – 45, any ethnicity, female identifying. An innocent with the ability to murder; sexy; funny. Must be a spectacular dancer in the Fosse style, with a big, first-rate Broadway belt voice.
- Velma Kelly: 30 – 45, any ethnicity, female identifying. Sarcastic, extremely sexy, tough, funny murderer with a keen eye for publicity. Must be a spectacular dancer in the Fosse style, with a big, first-rate Broadway belt voice.
- Billy Flynn: 38 – 60, any ethnicity, male identifying. Suave, educated lawyer who can talk and wheedle and persuade anyone to do anything – their clients literally get away with murder. Sexy, handsome, charming. Must have a wonderful baritone voice and move well.
- Amos Hart: 38 – 58, any ethnicity, male identifying. Charming, funny, vulnerable milquetoast of a person, so in love with their wife that they would mortgage anything to pay for their outrageous extravagances. Actor must sing well and be physically adept; a comic-sad character actor.
- Matron “Mama” Morton: 37 – 55, any ethnicity, female identifying. Role requires a great belt voice and a sexy, funny, powerful and tough character actor.
- Mary Sunshine: Any age, any ethnicity. Male soprano or countertenor who can sing LEGITIMATELY up to a high B flat. Acts like a good natured talk show hostess, but is actually a high-powered gossip columnist. Must be a good comedian and a GREAT legit singer.