This recipe is brought to us from the Crafting Chicks. Summer has started, and the hot days when we spend way too much time in the sun are upon us! What better way is there to stay cool than with a float straight out of the deep blue sea? Let’s create an edible ocean treat!
- A blue drink (water with food coloring, Hawaiian Punch, a blue soda, etc.)
- Soda water or a lemon-lime soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- Your favorite fishy candy (We love Swedish Fish, but you can use any of your favorite gummy sea creatures.)
- Fill a glass 2/3 of the way with your blue drink. (If your blue drink is a soda, you can skip Step 2.)
- If your blue drink isn’t carbonated, you’ll need to give it a little bit of fizz. Add a little bit of either soda water or lemon-lime soda. Make sure not to use a dark colored soda! It will change the color of your ocean.
- Now, it’s time to turn this glass of sea water into a float! Add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream to your drink. The carbonation will create some sea foam for your ocean.
- Add some life to your ocean float! Add Swedish Fish, gummy sharks, or any of your favorite ocean animal candies.