The Arts Center of Coastal Carolina is casting dancers who sing well to be members of the ensemble in their production of Kinky Boots. Put on your jazz shoes. That’s the first thing they’ll notice! (“The first thing you notice about a person is their shoes.”)
Friday, January 24, 2020
10:00 am (EST) – Female Dancers
2:00 pm (EST) – Male Dancers
Pearl Studios NYC (500)
500 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018-6504
- Dancers who are strong singers
- Bring a headshot and resume.
- Wear dance attire and jazz shoes
- Prepare a song in the style of the show. (Singing from the show is welcome. An Accompanist will be provided.)
- Angels (Male): 20s–30s, any ethnicity. These are the six drag performers who populate The Blue Angel Nightclub. They need to be versatile, but also terrific dancers, singers, and actors. This ain’t a job for no wall-flowers. Tumbling, acro and tricks a plus. Will be required to dance in heels. May cover principal roles.
- Male Ensemble: 20s–40s, any ethnicity. All must at least move well and have great pop voices. To appear in the ensemble and play various roles, including:
- Harry: Male, 20s–30s, any ethnicity. Also plays a delivery man, factory worker, photographer, etc. Must have a good voice.
- Miser Price: Male, 50s, Caucasian. Charlie’s father Also plays a pub patron, factory worker, etc for the rest of the show. Must have a good voice.
- Richard Bailey: Male, 30s-40s, any ethnicity. One of the hooligans, factory workers, etc. Must have a good voice.
- Female Ensemble: 20s–40s, any ethnicity. To appear in the ensemble and play various roles (factory workers, photographers, etc.) Will cover principal and featured ensemble roles. All must at least move well and have great pop voices. Must have a great pop voice with a strong pop soprano belt up to F#.