There are few better ways to show off your jazz skills than to take part in a production of one of the most iconic classic musicals of all time. Ambassador Theatre is casting for principal performers in their production of Chicago.
Thursday, December 20, 2018
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (EST)
Pearl Studios NYC (500)
500 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018-6504
(Room 412, Room 411 Holding), 4th Floor
- Prepare a brief, standard, classic Broadway song to sing (no pop or rock). (Bring sheet music; an accompanist will be provided.)
- There will be no dancing at this call (any women coming in to be seen as Roxie or Velma will be brought back to dance if there is any further interest)
- Bring a picture and resume, stapled together.
- Roxie Hart: 33 – 45, any ethnicity. An innocent with the ability to murder; sexy; funny. Actress must be a spectacular dancer in the Fosse style, with a big, first-rate Broadway belt voice.
- Velma Kelly: 30 – 45, any ethnicity. Sarcastic, extremely sexy, tough, funny murderer with a keen eye for publicity. Actress must be a spectacular dancer in the Fosse style, with a big, first-rate Broadway belt voice.
- Billy Flynn: 38 – 60, any ethnicity. Suave, educated lawyer who can talk and wheedle and persuade anyone to do anything – his clients literally get away with murder. Sexy, handsome, charming, masculine. Actor must have a wonderful baritone voice and move well.
- Amos Hart: 38 – 58, any ethnicity. Charming, funny, vulnerable milquetoast of a man, so in love with his wife that he would mortgage anything to pay for her outrageous extravagances. Actor must sing well and be physically adept; a comic-sad character actor.
- Matron “Mama” Morton: 37 – 55, any ethnicity. Role requires a great belt voice and a sexy, funny, powerful and tough character actress.
- Mary Sunshine: Any age, any ethnicity. Male soprano or countertenor who can sing LEGITIMATELY up to a high B flat. Acts like a good-natured talk show hostess, but is actually a high-powered gossip columnist. Actor must be a good comedian and a GREAT legit singer.